Friday, June 23, 2006

The Challenge Of Reviews

As some of you may have noticed, Musically Sound is very much a no-expenses-spared endeavour. In that we have no spare expenses. So anything reviewed here is bound to be bought by one of the contributors for their own personal listening/reading/playing/viewing pleasure. Because of that, I'm going to find staying neutral on this blog a bit of a challenge. How can you review something that you've handed over good hard english pounds for (and considerably more than our US counterparts, but that's another story altogether) and have previously formed expectations about with any sense of neutrality? And what's more, how can anyone score things out of a hundred anyway? Cheers Harry...

Well, I'll be attempting to rise to the challenge soon with some forthcoming reviews, kicking off with Dreamfall, a game I just finished playing, and a review of Motion Sickness, the recent Bright Eyes live disc (cue rolling eyes from co contributors)

1 comment:

Harry said...

Fair point, but you can listen to new albums on the NME website you know. Most of us only buy good games I admit, just thought I'd add that section to fill space as we have two keen gamers on our ranks.

And rating things out of 100 is better than 10 IMO (where everything invariably gets an 8), and I thought I'd unify it to make it simpler for our thousands of readers. If you have a better suggestion then by all means I'm open to it.